I have been a loyal guest at Starwood Hotels and a diehard user of Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) Starpoints for over a decade. I have spent more time dragging my family from Sheraton to Four Points to every W Hotel in the continental U.S. to rack up hotel stays to achieve Platinum Status, which just happened last week for the ninth time! Needless to say, I’m excited. But you don’t need to achieve Platinum Status to take advantage of one of the best Starwood offers – their fifth night free benefit.
Regardless of hotel, when you use Starpoints to pay for your stay for five nights, you get your fifth night free. No additional points, no cash, just an added bonus for using SPG Starpoints. The perk covers everything from the Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel at just under $250 to the All-Suite St. Regis Bora Bora Resort which costs $2,300/night.
I’m in the process of booking a trip to London, and am looking forward to staying at Le Mérdien Piccadilly for five nights while taking my daughter for a West End theater tour. I had a choice of a number of Starwood Hotels in London. However, Piccadilly is strategically located in the middle of everywhere that we want to go, and at 20,000 Starpoints per night, it’s a pretty good deal for point exchange. And because of my continued and coveted Platinum SPG Status, I’ll hopefully be automatically upgraded to a suite, which is an additional $554 value.
Most of us here at Point Savvy are Starwood loyal, and we love the people at every Starwood location. From check in to check out and every point in between the staff is cheerful and they treat you like family.
At a recent stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod, our SPG friend Mike baked a cake for us and delivered it to us at breakfast in the hotel’s restaurant. It wasn’t either of our birthdays nor was it our anniversary, he just wanted us to try out a new recipe. I will always be Starwood loyal.
Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express
- Get 25,000 bonus Starpoints® after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on international purchases.
- Receive free in-room, premium internet access. Booking requirements apply.
- Enjoy complimentary, unlimited Boingo Wi-Fi on up to four devices at more than 1,000,000 Boingo hotspots worldwide. Enrollment required.
- Get free nights at over 1,200 hotels and resorts in nearly 100 countries with no blackout dates. Some hotels may have mandatory service and resort charges.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Visit our credit card partner’s site in order to learn more and securely apply for the Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express
$0 first year, then $95