For a limited time, Chase Sapphire Preferred® comes with an impressive sign-up bonus of 50,000 points after spending $4,000 in your first 3 months. This is one of the highest bonus points offers we’ve seen, and the $4,000 required to spend is relatively low considering we’ve seen lower points offers that require you spend far more than $4,000.
How you receive your $625 in travel rewards
Once you spend the required amount within your first 3 months, you can redeem your 50,000 bonus points on the Chase Ultimate Rewards® site. Your points go 25% farther when you redeem for travel through Ultimate Rewards. So your 50,000 bonus points will give you a $625 credit to use for booking flights, hotel stays, car rentals and cruises on Chase Ultimate Rewards. Of course, it’s not required that you redeem through Ultimate Rewards, but your point value is less if you don’t ($550).
Other perks of the card include double points on travel and dining
Your card will earn you 2X points per $1 spent on travel and restaurants. The dining category includes restaurants that offer sit-down or eat-in dining, including fast food as well as fine dining establishments. You can also add your Sapphire card to some online dining sites. Travel includes the obvious airline travel, but keep in mind car rentals will allow you to earn 2X points per $1 spent. It would be a good idea to update your rental car profile once you receive your card. Chase Sapphire Preferred’s primary rental car coverage will help you save on your car rentals by giving you full coverage with many car rental agencies around the globe.
There are other ways to earn 2X on travel. Add Chase Sapphire to your Uber account, E-ZPass and monthly parking. Chase defines travel as airlines, hotels, motels, timeshares, campgrounds, car rental agencies, cruise lines, travel agencies, discount travel sites, operators of passengers trains, buses, taxis, limos, ferries, tolls, bridges, highways, and parking lot and garages.
For all other purchases, you’ll earn 1 point per $1. If you travel frequently and enjoy dining out, your points can add up pretty quickly.
There are other ways to earn points on your account. Add an authorized user and after your first purchase you’ll earn an extra 5,000 bonus points. The value of adding someone to your account is worth $105.
Other benefits we like about this card:
- 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make your first purchase in the first 3 months
- Transfer points to participating frequent travel programs at full value – meaning 1,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards Points equal 1,000 partner miles/points
- No foreign transaction fees
- 20% off travel when you redeem for airfare, hotel stays, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- $95 annual fee waived for the first year
There’s a lot of flexibility in redeeming your points
You definitely get the most bang for your buck when you redeem your points through Chase Ultimate Rewards. You can choose to redeem for cash back or gift cards at 1 cent per point. But if you redeem for travel through the site, your points are worth 25% more.
If you have a favorite airline or hotel loyalty program you frequent, you can transfer your Ultimate Rewards points to any of the card’s airline partners, including British Airways, Southwest, United, Hyatt, Marriott and Ritz-Carlton. And you don’t lose any points in the transfer – you get a full 1:1 value when you shift your points to any of the partner programs.
Ultimate Rewards offers unique experiences
Use your Ultimate Rewards points to indulge in something you’ve always dreamed about. Take private culinary lessons or host a private wine tasting in your home. Expand your horizons with art and photography lessons. Soar in a paraglide or learn to ride the waves in a weekend surfing class. Dive with the sharks in the Bahamas.
You can rent sailboats in San Diego, go on a Kenyan safari, or take in a Hollywood premier with reserved seats at an opening night screening. This is just a small list of the cool redemption options through Ultimate Rewards. Click here for a complete list.
Chase Sapphire Preferred rewards you with more than travel
With Chase Sapphire Preferred travel is more rewarding with gift cards that help you cut down on travel expenses or allow you to share the experience with others. Before you go, redeem for gift cards to airlines, hotels, car rentals, cruise lines and even gas.
Find your favorite restaurants around the world with complimentary access to Zagat® reviews, and reward yourself with morning coffee or a night of fine dining.
Or shop for gift cards to popular department stores, home improvement, drug stores, and specialty retailers. You can even browse a wide range of top-brand merchandise from hundreds of leading retailers in computers, cameras, cookware, music and more.
If travel rewards are what you’re looking for, Chase Sapphire Preferred ranks high in bonus points, travel perks and flexibility
Chase Sapphire Preferred consistently ranks among our favorite cards for its exceptional travel perks and ability to earn points fast. The 50,000 bonus points offer gives you $625 in travel rewards right from the start, making this a card worth carrying for travelers of all types.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 50,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $625 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- Named a ‘Best Credit Card’ for Travel Rewards by MONEY Magazine
- $0 foreign transaction fees, plus chip-enabled for enhanced security and wider acceptance when used at a chip card reader
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value– that means 1,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points
- Travel and shop with confidence with premium Travel and Purchase Protection Benefits, including Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Purchase Protection and more
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95
$0 first year, then $95