This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Historically, we at Point Savvy were big fans of the Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard®. The rewards were pretty rich until the bank reduced the value of each point. This in turn made it more difficult to redeem your points and turned us Point Savviers off a little. But just announced is a new sign up bonus offer that has caught our attention, and we think that it’s valuable enough to share with you.
You can earn 40,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in the first 90 days, and if you include the 5% rebate on redeemed points (which we have always touted) the bonus is worth $400 toward future travel. And because of the flexibility of this program, we recommend using your miles for something other than flights. Unlike similar cards, you can redeem these points to offset almost any travel-related expense including the likes of Uber rides and Airbnb stays. You can simply pay for these charges (of $100 or more) with your card and then apply your miles in the form of a statement credit to offset the cost. Barclay’s will also waive the $89 annual fee for the first year, which we think is pretty reasonable for a card in this category.
So if you’re in the market for a new card, and want one with a little more flexibility than a straight forward airline card, the Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard® with it’s 40,000 bonus miles could be a great choice. Act sooner rather than later – this offer could be gone as soon as tomorrow!
Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard®
- Enjoy 40,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days – that’s enough to redeem for a $400 travel statement credit toward an eligible travel purchase.
- Earn 2X miles on all purchases
- Get 5% miles back to use toward your next redemption, every time you redeem
- Miles don’t expire as long as your account is open, active and in good standing
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases made while traveling abroad
- 0% introductory APR for 12 months on Balance Transfers made within 45 days of account opening. After that, a variable APR will apply, 16.99%, 20.99% or 23.99%, based on your creditworthiness. There is a fee for balance transfers.
0% Intro APR for 12 months
16.99%, 20.99%, or 23.99% variable
$0 first year; then $89