This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Even though everyone around us is taking a summer vacation, here at Point Savvy we are looking ahead to a winter escape – of course, one where we can snag a deal on a high-end experience. With the Citi Prestige® Card we’ve found a way to do so while actually making money. Yes you heard us right- a credit card that makes you money.
The card has a $450 annual fee, which seems hard to justify – until you see the incredible benefits of being a Citi Prestige® cardholder, which far exceed the annual fee. Here are three unique benefits.
- Cardholders get a $250 flight credit every year that can be used with any airline, any time.
- Every fourth night of a hotel stay is FREE no matter where or when. You can use this benefit for one vacation or 25 with no limits to the number of stays or cap on the nightly rate.
- You get three FREE rounds of golf annually at any of Citi’s more than 2,400 affiliated golf clubs around the globe.
Keeping these three important benefits in mind, we started planning a vacation.
1. Book flights using $250 airline credit
We first looked at booking a flight from bleak Baltimore to sunny Tampa after Christmas through the new year. On Southwest airline we found round-trip flights for around $250 per person, and used The Citi Prestige card’s $250 flight credit to get a free ticket.
2. Reserve swank hotel with a bonus day
We decided to book a luxury suite for four nights at the upscale Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota. It’s a bit of a splurge at $1,015 per night, but with the fourth night free, we thought, “What the heck?”
3. Take advantage of golf benefit
After looking at golf courses in the area, we found that the lovely course at TPC Prestancia is included on Citi Prestige’s golf club list. As long as we booked our three rounds (at $152 per round) 14 days in advance, we would save a total of $456 in greens fees.
By using the Citi Prestige card, we got total added benefit of $1,721. Even with the $450 annual fee, we saved $1,271 on our Florida getaway. Plus, we also get the priceless added bonus of 24/7 concierge service.
We’re credit card fiends, so we already had a Citi Prestige card, but if you don’t have one yet, new cardholders get even more benefits.
More Citi Prestige benefits and new member perks:
- 40,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $4,000 in purchases within first three months (worth $532 towards flights on any airline)
- 3x ThankYou Points per $1 spent on air travel and hotels
- 2x ThankYou Points per $1 spent on dining and entertainment
- 1 ThankYou point on everything else
Now that’s a great holiday gift, don’t you think?
For more on the Citi Prestige card, check out this post:
Citi Prestige® Card
- $250 Air Travel Credit each year, and receive a statement credit, up to $100 every 5 years, as reimbursement for your application fee for Global Entry or TSA Pre √®
- 4th night hotel benefit for any hotel stay at hotels booked through the Citi Prestige® Concierge.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points after $4,000 in purchases made with your card in the first 3 months the account is open.
- Points are redeemable for a $532 flight on any airline or $400 in gift cards.
- Transfer points to a variety of travel loyalty programs from airlines to hotels.
- Earn 3x points on Air Travel and Hotels
- Earn 2x points on Dining at Restaurants and Entertainment
- 1 ThankYou® Point per $1 spent on other purchases