This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Point Savvy reader Randi S. over the weekend asked, “What’s the best credit card to keep my busy life downright simple? I own a practice, have 2 children, a dog plus a husband so the more straightforward the better.”
The Barclaycard CashForwardTM World Mastercard® is all about straightforward rewards.
The easiest cash back card to manage is the Barclaycard CashForward World Mastercard. There are no rotating bonus categories or an allegiance to an airline or hotel. Flat out – it’s simple. It is not the highest rewards credit card out there but this card is far from complicated.
New member sign up bonus allows you to kick start your savings with $200.
You’ll earn $200 in cash rewards bonus if you spend $1,000 in the first 90 days of the account opening. $200 doesn’t sound like a whole lot but when was the last time someone offered you this amount of money and you didn’t have to pay it back? It’s not a bad way to kick start carrying this credit card.
Plus, you’ll also enjoy a 0% introductory APR for the first 15 months on purchases. Plus, you’ll get a 0% introductory APR for 15 months on balance transfers for each balance transfer made within 45 days of account opening. After the offer period ends, a standard variable APR of 15.99%, 20.99%, or 25.99% will apply and there is a 3% fee (minimum of $5) that will apply to each balance transferred. So if you have a major purchase in mind, you’ll save on interest and get $200 back. If you do plan to make a balance transfer, remember to set your calendar to pay it off within the introductory period and double check with Barclays that this balance is paid off.
Easy to track.
You’ll benefit from a simple and straight 1.5% cash back on every purchase. Whether you’re paying for weekly groceries, a tank of gas, or a summer vacation, it’s a fixed cash back reward regardless of what you purchase. Plus, your rewards never expire and there is no limit to the amount that you can accumulate (as long as your account remains in good standing). In addition, there is no annual fee – ever.
A 5% bonus gives you something to look forward to.
The most exciting benefit of this card is it’s 5% cash rewards redemption bonus. So if you redeem a $500 reward, $25 will automatically be applied to your next redemption. Your rewards account will never be empty and Barclays is the only bank to encourage redemption.
Flexible rewards give you a simple and easy way to get cash back.
When you decide to redeem a reward you can choose to have the cash deposited directly into your bank account, receive a statement credit, or choose from a selection of gift cards. Redemptions start at $50 – so once you spend your $1,000 in the first 3 months you can redeem the $200 cash rewards bonus.
Overall, the Barclaycard CashForward World Mastercard is by far one of the easiest rewards credit cards to track, and provides a straightforward redemption program that will take little effort. It’s a perfect credit card solution for those who need to simplify an otherwise complicated life.
Barclaycard CashForward™ World Mastercard®
- Get a $200 cash rewards bonus after you spend $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days after account opening.
- Earn unlimited 1.5% cash rewards on every purchase.
- Every time you redeem, get a 5% cash rewards redemption bonus to use toward your next redemption.
- Redeem your cash rewards for a deposit into a U.S. checking or savings account, a statement credit or gift cards. Redemptions start at $50.
- Cash rewards do not expire as long as your account is open, active and in good standing.
- Enjoy a 0% introductory APR for the first 15 months on purchases. Plus, you’ll get a 0% introductory APR for 15 months on balance transfers for each balance transfer made within 45 days of account opening. After that a variable APR will apply, 15.99%, 20.99% or 25.99%, based on your creditworthiness. Please note, there is a fee for balance transfers.
- No annual fee.
- Terms and Conditions apply
0% on purchases and balance transfer for 15 months
15.99%, 20.99% or 25.99%