Point for point – Get the Most Rewarding Business Credit Card.
When you are looking for the best credit card for your business, you should make sure you are getting a sound financial opportunity. One that is simple. One that saves you money. An opportunity that will give you the financial tools – and rewards – you need to build your business.
Simplify your finances and save money by getting a low or 0% APR and reward yourself for all your business purchases in a form of cash back or airlines miles. Look for no annual fee and the service that you will need when running your business.
Make sure you’re earning rewards you can redeem for your business, employee incentives, or for your own personal benefit. Make sure that your employees are carrying additional cards so that you can earn additional rewards. Each employee who carries your business card is earning points toward your total – doubling, tripling or even quadrupling your value. That’s more points in your pocket.
Saving money is just one factor to consider when choosing your business card. You’ll also need features and services that help run your business more efficiently, keep you organized and keep your expenses on track.
These credit cards are high on Point Savvy’s list, offering key benefits that give you more flexibility, control and rewards:
SimplyCash®Business Card from American Express
Here’s why we think this is the best for Cash Back:
For a limited time, SimplyCash is offering a one-time $250 statement credit after you spend $5,000 or more in qualifying purchases on your Card within the first 6 months of Card Membership.
- To be eligible for this offer, your application must be received by April 27, 2016.
- With no annual membership fee
- 5% cash back at U.S. office supply stores and on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers.
- 3% cash back on the category of your choice from a list of select categories and 1% cash back on other purchases.
- 5% and 3% apply to purchases up to $25,000 per rebate year then 1% thereafter. Cash back earned is automatically credited to your statement.
And right now, SimplyCash® is offering a one-time $250 statement credit after you spend $5,000 within the first 6 months of Card Membership. This is roughly twice the amount of time than with other cards that offer bonuses for spending within the first 3 months.
Our favorite business benefit of SimplyCash® is the 5% cash back at office supply stores and wireless phone services, which is consistently where most businesses incur expenses each month. The 3% categories are a great feature as you can choose what best fits your business and they are not rotating – you know where you spend the most and this will help meet your financial goals.
Here’s why we think this is the best for Rewards:
A rich sign up offer: 60,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 5X points per $1 on the first $50,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on cellular phone, landline, internet and cable TV services each account anniversary year.
- Earn 2X points per $1 on the first on the first $50,000 spent in combined purchases at gas stations and hotel accommodations when purchased directly with the hotel each account anniversary year.
- Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases–no limit to the amount you can earn.
- No foreign transaction fees.
We also love that you can set up spending limits for employees on additional cards as this ensures the company’s budget does not get hit with any surprises. You also keep your personal credit separate from your business credit, because unlike other issuers Chase does not report business credit card activity to personal credit reports, unless you default.
Here’s why we think this is the best card for Travel Rewards:
$0 annual fee for the first year, plus 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $4,500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
- Earn unlimited 2X miles per dollar spent on every purchase.
- Miles don’t expire, and there is no limit to the amount of miles you can earn.
- Redeem miles for travel, cash back, gift cards, and more.
- No foreign transaction fees and fly on any airline, anytime, with no blackout dates or seat restrictions.
For new Capital One® Spark Miles cardmembers, this is a fantastic card option. You’ll automatically earn double miles on all your purchases – and your miles never expire. 50,000 miles is a pretty nice bonus and the annual fee is waived the first year.
There’s nothing more rewarding for your business than earning points/miles on every purchase, adding additional cards to earn even more points, and enjoying those rewards the way you want.
P.S. When it comes to finances, no decision is minor. Make your business credit card a valuable part of your financial plan. Picking the right business card can save you thousands of dollars in interest and give you something back for all of the hard work that comes with owning a business.