Why Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard® is My Favorite Card for Travel
I carry several credit cards in my wallet, and like each card for different reasons. But whenever I travel, my go-to card is always my Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard because of how easy it is to rack up miles, how flexible it is to redeem my miles, and how extra value I get from every mile.
I travel often, both for business and pleasure. So I make sure that I’m always earning points and miles on every trip I take, from weekend road trips to summer vacations with my family. In addition to joining the frequent flyer and hotel loyalty programs of the airlines and hotels I use most often, I also make my travel-related purchases with a rewards credit card that can give me something back for all of my expenses. My Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard® is hands-down my favorite card for travel. Here are my top 3 reasons why:
1. I rack up travel rewards faster than with my other cards.
With my Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard®, I earn 2 miles on every dollar I spend and I don’t have to keep track of spending categories. Everything I buy earns me double miles. Since I use the card for everyday spending, my miles add up fast. Each mile is worth 1 cent when redeemed for travel credit – and I always choose to redeem for travel instead of cash back (which only gives you a value of .5 cent).
2. I can use my miles toward pretty much ANY travel expense.
When I book my travel expenses on my Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard® and want to redeem my miles, I simply go online to my account. I can redeem as little as 10,000 miles for a $100 travel credit, and I can use my miles to pay for all or some of my travel expenses.
This is so much better than some other cards that require me to book my travel through their specified online travel center in order to get the best value.
3. I get even more value every time I redeem my miles.
It’s quick and easy to earn and redeem miles. Every time I redeem my miles, I receive 5% bonus miles back to use toward my next redemption. It’s like withdrawing all the money from your bank account, and the bank depositing a few of your dollars back for you to start saving again.
A great all-around card for your travel needs.
The Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard® ranks among the very best in terms of flexibility, high rate of rewards and value. For me, it’s an essential part of my travel experience. If you apply now, you can take advantage of an impressive offer of 40,000 bonus miles when you spend $3,000 or more in your first 90 days. That’s enough to redeem for a $400 statement credit. So you’ll be off to a great start!
Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard®
- Enjoy 40,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days – that’s enough to redeem for a $400 travel statement credit toward an eligible travel purchase.
- Earn 2X miles on all purchases
- Get 5% miles back to use toward your next redemption, every time you redeem
- Miles don’t expire as long as your account is open, active and in good standing
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases made while traveling abroad
- 0% introductory APR for 12 months on Balance Transfers made within 45 days of account opening. After that, a variable APR will apply, 16.99%, 20.99% or 23.99%, based on your creditworthiness. There is a fee for balance transfers.
0% Intro APR for 12 months
16.99%, 20.99%, or 23.99% variable
$0 first year; then $89