This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Over 7 million U.S. kids will be sent off to sleep away camp this summer. We agree that camp is a valuable and irreplaceable experience. It’s rich in purpose and builds lifetime friendships, but it can also be draining on a parent’s wallet.
Here at Point Savvy, we were just in the process of digesting the financial impact of providing such a great experience to our kids when we realized that there is a better way to pay for camp!
As travel enthusiasts, we selfishly decided that if our kids get to get away — why shouldn’t we? That’s why we chose the Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard® to pay for our children’s adventure. It’s an easy answer to a potentially expensive proposition. Let’s look at the specifics:
Sleepaway Camp Expenses Per Child 2016
Tuition is only one of the many costs associated with sending your kid to sleep away camp. According to American Camp Association®, and in most cases, families travel an average of 300 miles round trip to drop off, and then they add two more trips for parents’ visitation and pick up. With that in mind, there are hotel stays, and dining that add up as well. Here’s what it costs:
You’ll earn an easy 40,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days. That’s enough to redeem for a $400 travel statement credit. Plus, you’ll get 2X miles on all purchases that you make. In addition, get 5% miles back to use toward your next redemption, every time you redeem. That’s like putting money in the bank for your next getaway! Plus the annual fee is waived for the first year.
If you act right away and get the Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard® today you’ll have earned 53,672 miles by the end of the summer. That’s enough to redeem for a $500 statement credit, not to mention the 5% miles back to use toward your next travel redemption.
So don’t wait. Call the grandparents because mom and dad will be off on a fall getaway just in time for the kids to head back to school.
Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard®
- Enjoy 40,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days – that’s enough to redeem for a $400 travel statement credit toward an eligible travel purchase.
- Earn 2X miles on all purchases
- Get 5% miles back to use toward your next redemption, every time you redeem
- Miles don’t expire as long as your account is open, active and in good standing
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases made while traveling abroad
- 0% introductory APR for 12 months on Balance Transfers made within 45 days of account opening. After that, a variable APR will apply, 16.99%, 20.99% or 23.99%, based on your creditworthiness. There is a fee for balance transfers.
0% on balance transfers for 12 months
16.99%, 20.99%, or 23.99% variable
$0 first year; then $89