This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available.
United Airlines is celebrating 90 years by giving away 90,000 miles to 90 people. This sweepstakes is happening now so you have to act fast and enter your information by April 25, 2016. To enter the contest, you’ll need to visit www.unitedat90sweeps.com, provide your name, email address and MileagePlus® number at the giveaway site by 11:59 p.m. EDT on April 25, 2016. If you’re one of the 90 winners, you’ll receive an email from United on April 27, 2016.
I decided this was a sweepstakes worth entering. My United MileagePlus number has been closed for a few years as I was inactive with my MileagePlus account. Being a Baltimore resident it was hard to find flights out of BWI as United Airlines has very few flights that you can book departing this area. This sweepstakes gave me an incentive to open a new MileagePlus account and take my shot at winning the miles. My prior account had only 17,000 miles when they closed the account so there wasn’t anything that I could do with that. With 90,000 United miles and 370 destinations that they fly to, I know there is a trip I could plan if I am one of the lucky winners.
My other job, other than bringing you Point Savvy updates, is working at an advertising agency where I have become well versed in credit card marketing. I have worked on many Chase credit card brands including the United MileagePlus Explorer Card. I would highly recommend carrying the United MileagePlus Explorer Card where you’ll earn 30,000 miles after spending $1,000 within three months of account opening. This is a great way to add a free round trip flight to anywhere in the Continental U.S. Or give yourself the boost in miles and add them to your current MileagePlus account. Plus, you’ll earn even more miles by earning 2 miles for all of your tickets purchased from United. And, unlike me who only had a loyalty program account, your miles won’t expire as long as your credit card account remains open.
I hope that many of you are one of the lucky 90 but if not, this card is a great addition to your travel itinerary when you book flights on United Airlines. Good luck to everyone out there!
The United MileagePlus® Explorer Card
- Start with 30,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- Check your first bag for free – save up to $100 per roundtrip
- Enjoy priority boarding privileges and visit the United Club with two one-time-use passes every year
- No foreign transaction fees
- Earn double miles on tickets purchased from United, and 1 mile per $1 on all other purchases
- Your miles don’t expire as long as your credit card account is open, with no limit to the number of miles you can earn
- Use your miles for any seat, any time, on any United flight
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95
$0 first year; then $95