If you have a TD Ameritrade brokerage account, no doubt you would welcome the opportunity to add more cash to your account. Right now, TD Ameritrade is offering clients the chance to earn $100 cash back when they open a TD Ameritrade Client Rewards Credit Card. And in addition to the $100 bonus, you’ll earn points on everyday purchases that can be redeem for cash back into your account.
Here’s how it works:
- Earn 10,000 bonus points, redeemable for $100 cash back when you spend $500 in your first three months
- 1.5% in rewards on purchases, with no caps and no limits
- Redeem points for cash, merchandise, gift cards and statement credits
- Get a 10% bonus when you redeem for cash back into your TD Ameritrade account
Other information about the card you should know:
- Encrypted chip embedded in your card for added security and acceptance worldwide
- Points do not expire when your account is open and in good standing, and there is no restriction to the number of points that may be earned
- No annual fee
Why would you carry this card?
We like the low threshold for earning your $100 bonus – only requiring you to spend $500 in your first 90 days. So your everyday purchases can easily earn you your bonus. The flat 1.5% cash back on everything is appealing although there are quite a few cards now that offer double points on all purchases, such as the Barclaycard Arrival PlusTM World MasterCard® and the Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card.
While we have seen better credit cards from brokerages (some offering higher sign-up bonuses and more opportunities to earn points outside of credit card spending), current TD Ameritrade clients may want to consider this card if you want a rewards card that helps you put more money in your account.